[Duplicity-talk] Support for current Google Drive API?

From: Josh Triplett
Subject: [Duplicity-talk] Support for current Google Drive API?
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2015 07:37:40 -0800

[Please CC me on replies.]

The current Duplicity "gdocs" backend uses the deprecated "Google
Documents List Data API"
(https://developers.google.com/google-apps/documents-list/), which says:

> Warning: The deprecation period for Version 3 of the Google Documents
> List API is nearly at an end. On April 20, 2015, we will discontinue
> service for this API. This means that service calls to the API are no
> longer supported, and features implemented using this API will not
> function after April 20, 2015. You must migrate to the Drive API as
> soon as possible to avoid disruptions to your application.

Any plans to migrate to the Drive API?

Also, switching to the new API would avoid the need to supply a Google
username and password; instead, Duplicity could obtain an access token
with the appropriate permission (drive.file) to access only files
created with that token.

- Josh Triplett