[Duplicity-talk] Par2 not fixing | Hubic review?

Subject: [Duplicity-talk] Par2 not fixing | Hubic review?
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2015 23:21:26 +0000

This is a two part message.

//FIRST PART//

How do I get par2 to repair? Upon hitting a corrupted difftar file,
Duplicity throws:-

>Backtrace of previous error: Traceback (innermost last):
>  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/duplicity/backend.py",
>line 361, in inner_retry
>    return fn(self, *args)
>  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/duplicity/backend.py",
>line 534, in get
>    self.backend._get(remote_filename, local_path)
>  File
"/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/duplicity/backends/par2backend.py",
line 119, in get
>    par2volumes = filter(re.compile((r'%s\.vol[\d+]*\.par2' %
>remote_filename).match,
> AttributeError: 'str' object has no attribute 'match'

This is version 0.7.1 of Duplicity, running on a Debian Wheezy install.

//END OF FIRST PART//

//SECOND PART - Slightly off topic//

Has anyone here used Hubic seriously? I recently gave it a try
considering they offer 25GB for free and Duplicity just got support for
it, I uploaded 5GB to their service then tried to restore it. Within the
hour my files were up on their service my files were already corrupted
(Granted, it was one of the last files (But not the very last file), at
~4.9GB through my backup), this is less than impressive. After looking
through their forums it seems like they have lots of issues with very
few replies from administrators, and when there is a reply, it's nearly
always "PM us" with no public discussion. The combination of both the
failure to keep my files, even for one hour, secure and the terrible
support on their site pushes me away from their services, although, I am
interested in what Duplicity users think, being only €1/TB/month, I
might be worth going with them even if they do corrupt *some* data.

//END OF SECOND PART//