[Duplicity-talk] Removed .cache dir requires GnuPG passphrase

From: Andrew Langhorn
Subject: [Duplicity-talk] Removed .cache dir requires GnuPG passphrase
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2014 12:10:42 +0000

Hi,

Recently, the contents of the ~/.cache directory of the user which some Duplicity jobs run under were removed. Since then, Duplicity backup jobs have failed to run because the GnuPG passphrase is now required. We don't store the private key on this machine, as we only need it to encrypt with the public key - decryption (if required) takes place elsewhere.

From running 'collection-status', there appear to be some orphaned/incomplete backups on the remote, which I think is a new thing - these don't appear to have been there from before we lost `~/.cache`. 'collection-status' reckons that the local cache has been fully synced from the remote metadata.

I don't want to pass the private key in to Duplicity to get this working, but I don't know how to get over this hurdle.

Help?!

Thanks! :)

--
Andrew Langhorn
Web Operations

t: +44 (0)7810 737375
a: 6th Floor, Aviation House, 125 Kingsway, London, WC2B 6NH