Re: [Duplicity-talk] get rid of empty incremental changes

From: Cláudio Gil
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] get rid of empty incremental changes
Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2014 14:16:43 +0000

I've also noticed those "empty" incremental files and looked for a way to remove them but, in the end, ~150 files (52 incremental backups) per year are fine for my case. My initial interest was more to keep it "clean" and with only the absolutely necessary files.

Adding the option may be useful. To me, at least, it seems as useful as --full-if-older-than. I guess a developer must comment how big a change it represents and someone needs to do it.

Cheers,
Cláudio

In terms of operations, duplicity always lists the files in the backend so it would save 3 uploads. Cloud storage is measured in cents per GB which makes the files essentially free to store when compared with a single picture.