[Duplicity-talk] --file-to-restore without passphrase

From: Grant
Subject: [Duplicity-talk] --file-to-restore without passphrase
Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2014 16:55:19 -0700

I built my encrypted backups without a passphrase by using
--use-agent.  I'm trying to restore a file like this:

duplicity --use-agent -t 3D --file-to-restore /dir/file.txt
file:///backup-dir /home/user/file.txt

I can see in top that duplicity and gpg are running but nothing ever
happens.  If I omit --use-agent, I am prompted for a passphrase and
leaving it blank gives me "Cannot use empty passphrase with symmetric
encryption!".

- Grant