Re: [Duplicity-talk] What is the correct way to debug Duplicity (in part

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] What is the correct way to debug Duplicity (in particular a backend) ?
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2014 12:50:03 +0100

Hi Michael,

thanks for the reply.

On 12 June 2014 12:22, Michael Terry <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hello!  Did you put your backend in the ./duplicity/backends/ folder and
> call register_backend() like the other backends do?

as you can see from the file I linked
https://github.com/andreagrandi/duplicity-sx/blob/master/duplicity/backends/sxbackend.py
it's inside duplicity/backends/ folder as expected and yes, I'm
registering in the last line of the file:

duplicity.backend.register_backend("sx", SXBackend)

> Also, did you read ./duplicity/backends/README?  That has lots of tips for
> writing a backend, including this recommendation for testing:
> ./testing/manual/backendtest sx://indian.skylable.com/vol-andy80/

I did. That's how I learned how to implement it :)

What I don't understand is: once my file is inside duplicity/backends/
folder, how do I run duplicity?
Please could you tell me any "setup...." I need to run, any PATH I
need to set, and from which folder I need to execute "duplicity"?
It looks like there are two "duplicity" executables... one inside the
bin/, another in a subfolder of build/. Which one is the right one to
execute?

Thank you so much, cheers.

--
Andrea Grandi -  Software Engineer / Qt Ambassador / Nokia Developer Champion
website: http://www.andreagrandi.it