Re: [Duplicity-talk] Automated restore

From: Grant
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] Automated restore
Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2014 12:45:50 -0700

>> Can I run an automated restore of my backups to verify that they're in
>> working order and not tampered with?
>>

> check the manpage, action command verify
>  http://duplicity.nongnu.org/duplicity.1.html

Works great.  I'm planning to put an identical dummy file on both of
my important systems which will be backed up to the backup server.
Each important system will pull the other's backups from the backup
server and run duplicity verify to ensure the dummy file matches.

Is this a good strategy?  Is there a better method for this?

- Grant