Re: [Duplicity-talk] Fetching from older backup-set

From: Ralf Hansen
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] Fetching from older backup-set
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2014 16:58:46 +0100

file locations in the backup are relative. try to restore tmp/file.txt without
leading slash instead.

In this command, the "file.txt" is already the relative path in the backup and "/tmp/file.txt" is the target, where to restore it.

duply my_backup fetch  file.txt /tmp/file.txt 5D

I can also directly see that

duply my_backup list 5D

shows only content of the last full-backup.

I create a 2 full backup every day at 2am and 3pm.
If I run the "list" command at 4 pm, I see only files from last full-backup at 3pm (today).
But it should show me the files from 5 Days ago.

Only if i do a full restore, i get the correct files from 5 days ago:
duply my_backup restore /tmp/restore 5D

I am using:
duply 1.5.5.5-1
duplicity 0.6.18-3

Ralf

if that doesn't work send
1. complete command line
2. complete output of a duply list (zip&attach if big, obfuscate private
strings)
3. duply conf file (obfuscate private strings)