Re: [Duplicity-talk] WebDAV errors

From: Mario Barcala
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] WebDAV errors
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2013 11:49:59 +0200

address@hidden wrote:
> On 11.10.2013 10:53, Mario Barcala wrote:
> > address@hidden wrote:

> >> sometimes webservers, webdav is just a pimped http after all, deliver crap
> >> or time out. that's why the retry functionality is there. you can pretty
> >> clearly see that it usually retries a second time and works from there.
> >> as this error seems to be not reproducable i wouldn't invest any more
> >> thought on it for now.
> >

> > The problem is that for me it is reproducible 100% of times. Recently I
> > have increased my connection bandwidth and it is still the same. I
> > always get this message.
> >

> duplicity retries 5 times by default. did duplicity at some point fail
> entirely because of the errors?

Not with last version 0.6.22, but I had more problems with duplicity
and webdav with Debian Wheezy package version.

I know Debian it is not your concern, but it is a surprise for me to
see a Debian stable package with such issues. I am trying to discover
if there are duplicity issues or my(connection, bad parameters, server
settings, ...)  issues :) I have seen several webdav related problems
with other packages algo (rsync + davfs2 + owncloud, for example). I'm
trying to research about it and to choose a tool which avoided me
future problems.

I like duplicity concept, but I'm trying to decide if it is stable
enough or robust enough for my use cases (very large backups against
webdav accounts).

> btw. you should not use --ssl-no-check-certificate, the man page
  explains how to retrieve the needed certs file.

I know. Thank you, anyway. I will change this when I took a decision
about adopting duplicity as my main backup tool.

Regards,

  Mario Barcala