Re: [Duplicity-talk] How to register a new backend (Pyrax for Rackspace

From: Miguel Jacq
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] How to register a new backend (Pyrax for Rackspace Cloud)
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2013 09:55:30 +1000

Hi,

Nevermind, some -v9 debugging showed me that the pyraxbackend was failing to be
loaded due:

Import of duplicity.backends.pyraxbackend Failed: cannot import name retry

It looks like my version of Duplicity is just too old (lacks this 'retry' logic
entirely) and thus the Pyrax support patch is (quite reasonably) written for
newer versions.

For now I have commented out the 'retry' logic in that backend and seemed to
get it working, but suspect this solution may not work properly as intended,
perhaps in 'failure to upload' events.

Thanks anyway,

Cheers

Mig