Re: [Duplicity-talk] "Errno 22" and "Errno 1" during restore

From: Dan Drake
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] "Errno 22" and "Errno 1" during restore
Date: Fri, 9 Aug 2013 09:19:55 -0500

On Fri, Aug 9, 2013 at 7:36 AM, <address@hidden> wrote:
you seem to have not the proper permission to chown/chmod the restored files back to their original attributes. easiest workaround would be running the restore as root.

Alas, I am an unprivileged user on this machine. But I have a laptop and an external hard drive and may be able to work with that.

additionally the new machine might not have a user account named like the one it tries to restore the owner to. see also --numeric-owner on manpage
http://duplicity.nongnu.org/duplicity.1.html

Ah, that might be useful.

Thanks for the help!

Dan