Re: [Duplicity-talk] checksum rsync option (duplicity 0.6.21)

From: Nate Eldredge
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] checksum rsync option (duplicity 0.6.21)
Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2013 16:00:09 -0400

A quick and dirty workaround might be to remove the mtime check altogether. Then it will treat every file as if it has changed, and backup the changes since the last run (using the rdiff algorithm as usual). For files whose data has not actually changed, this will be a small amount of data; if you don't have a huge number of files it might be tolerable. It will also make restoring less efficient as it applies lots of trivial diffs. But if you have to deal with files whose data may change without updating the mtime, it might be better than nothing.

Perhaps this would be useful to have as an option (--ignore-time or similar).