[Duplicity-talk] Deleting specific full backups?

From: Leigh Dyer
Subject: [Duplicity-talk] Deleting specific full backups?
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2013 15:14:23 +1000

Hi,

I'm currently doing full backups once a week, with regular incrementals in between, and then using "remove-all-inc-of-but-n-full" to delete incrementals on backups over six months old.

I'd like to maintain full backups indefinitely, but after a certain point, I'd prefer to retain, say, one full backup from each month, rather than keeping a full backup from each week.

I don't think this is possible using duplicity itself, but would it break anything if I wrote a separate script to delete the those full backup files? Would I be better off taking the time to patch something like this in to duplicity instead?

Thanks
Leigh