Re: [Duplicity-talk] lftp doesn't mkdir

From: edgar . soldin
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] lftp doesn't mkdir
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2013 00:29:00 +0200

On 29.04.2013 23:43, Davide Setti wrote:
> Hi all,
> i'm using duplicity version 4.3.8 from debian sid, and i noticed that,
> using lftp, duplicity is not able to connect to the FTP server to list
> files.
>
> My FTP server is accessible using both FTP and FTPS. If i use ftp (and
> ncftp) everything works fine, but with FTPS (and lftp) duplicity can't
> access the file list because the "ls" command retries forever until:
>
> <--- 450 backup_dir: No such file or directory
> ls: Fatal error: max-retries exceeded
>
> I suppose this happens because of the fault tolerancy of lftp: given a
> command lftp tries to repeat it until it succeed. In this case the 405
> return code is interpreted like a failure.
>
> To replicate this enable debug in lftp.

i do not recall a duplicity version 4.3.8.. we had a 0.4.3 once.. but that was
ages ago. lftp backend was added in 0.6.12 according to the
http://duplicity.nongnu.org/CHANGELOG .

please try with the latest release 0.6.21, and an up-to-date lftp and come back
if the error persists. you can install duplicity from tarball if your distro's
repository is outdated.
download
 http://duplicity.nongnu.org/
howto install (under TIP)