Re: [Duplicity-talk] suggested feature to help Amazon Glacier users

From: dcottingham00
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] suggested feature to help Amazon Glacier users
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2013 17:21:29 +0000 (UTC)

Yes, I'll put this on launchpad. I just put together a patch to implement this scheme. At my plodding pace it will take a while for even rudimentary testing. But in the process I noted that the way duplicity handles filenames, it looks feasible to have mixed new and old style filenames in a backup chain. In my patch, I use a new switch (--alternate-filenames) to direct what kind of filenames to produce, but it was straightforward to rewrite the regexps used to parse filenames to eat either kind. One concession I had to make was to make changes only at the beginning of filenames, so manifests in my scheme have the string "manifest" twice.

 - Dave Cottingham