Re: [Duplicity-talk] no-compression still compresses?

From: edgar . soldin
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] no-compression still compresses?
Date: Thu, 07 Mar 2013 15:33:38 +0100

i assume you mean in gpg.GzipWriteFile()?

if not, changes to gpg.py, do not change the volumes if --no-encryption is
enabled as well. check the man page
http://duplicity.nongnu.org/duplicity.1.html
additionally you can manipulate the gpg options via --gpg-options already,
including defining something like "--compress-algo=bzip2
--bzip2-compress-level=9"
no need to hack it in there.

not to rain on your parade, but everything is generally in place. there is just
a bug with --no-compression. to conclude

default, results in gpg encrypted and compressed volumes
--no-encryption, results in gzipped volumes
--no-compression --no-encryption, results in tar compatible volumes (or at
least should)

i see you could be mistaken that --no-compression would have an effect on gzip
or gpg, but it does not.

if you really want gzipped volumes which are effectively uncompressed you can
patch gpg.GzipWriteFile() to honour a parameter --gzip-level .. see how it is
implemented for --gpg-options. you'll need to modify

gpg.py
globals.py
commandline.py
bin/duplicity.1 (manpage explanations)