Re: [Duplicity-talk] no-compression still compresses?

From: Michael Terry
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] no-compression still compresses?
Date: Wed, 6 Mar 2013 10:27:40 -0500

He means running "file XXX".

"file" is a standard GNU/unix command to determine what a file actually is (rather than just by filename).

-mt

On 6 March 2013 04:18, <address@hidden> wrote:
On 06.03.2013 03:02, Cory Coager wrote:
> I'm using --no-encryption and --no-compression for a backup.  I noticed the files have a .difftar extension instead of .difftar.gz. However, running a file against these shows that they are still gzip'd with max compression.  Why is this happening?  Am I missing something?
>
> I'm using version 0.6.21 from Ubuntu ppa.

shouldn't be.. how do you test? what do you mean by " running a file against these "?

i wouldn't advise to use --no-compression. afaik it has a bug in restoring currently.. check the launchpadpad bug tracker.