Re: [Duplicity-talk] Problem with webdav backend -- SHA1 hash mismatch

From: edgar . soldin
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] Problem with webdav backend -- SHA1 hash mismatch
Date: Sat, 22 Dec 2012 18:29:59 +0100

On 22.12.2012 18:21, Richard wrote:
> Hello,
>
> With duplicity 0.6.20, I ran a small duplicity backup job to a webdav share
> on the local network (webdav://, not webdavs).
> The share is served by apache2, configured to require *digest
> authentication*, following
> <https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Apache2WebDavDigestAUTH>
>
> I put a backup in an empty webdav folder, resulting in a full backup.
>
> The problem is that `duplicity verify webdav://location' fails with an error:
>
> Invalid data - SHA1 hash mismatch for file:
>  duplicity-full.20121222T165911Z.vol1.difftar.gz
>  Calculated hash: d6c318679cbeddd7de322bc1e0bd3195fd4b5fa0
>  Manifest hash: 5f5237a7b428f72da713a22015cafa6068e34a9f

does this happen all the time? did you retry?

> On the other hand, I copied the files from the webdav folder to a folder on
> my local filesystem, and then
> `duplicity verify file://folder' does not report an error; `duplicity restore
> file://folder' looks good too.

then this data is fine.. compare the mentioned local file with the remote file.

> Do you think that the apache2 webdav configuration is incomplete ?

no.

> I can connect to the share using cadaver and davfs.

the connection is probably ok as you are able to backup, verify and restore.
are you?

the checksum error simply means the downloaded volume is corrupted. so it was
either corrupted
a. during the download of the verify run
or
b. between your download to local and now on the remote side

compare and you will know... ede/duply.net