Re: [Duplicity-talk] _librsync.so: Undefined symbol "rs_file_copy_cb"

From: edgar . soldin
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] _librsync.so: Undefined symbol "rs_file_copy_cb"
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2012 14:51:17 +0100

On 17.12.2012 14:20, Scott Hannahs wrote:
> Both the duplicity and librsync are installed by sourcecode on vmware8.0
> FreeBSD.
>> which explains there is no confusing about the hardware type.

yes, do as scott suggested.

installing anything in vmware does _not_ make sure that you'll end up with an
x64 or x86 operating system. it's up to you, what you install.

generally x64 kernels have x86(32bit) libraries laying around so they can run
software not ported to x64 yet. what we are saying is: either
- your python is 64bit and the compiled _librsync.so or used librsync is 32bit
- or the other way around

this might be an error of the duplicity's setup.py, we'd appreciate you
explaining your solution on the list if you found one or found the issue within
setup.py .