Re: [Duplicity-talk] Keep running out of space on restore

From: GDR!
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] Keep running out of space on restore
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2012 09:32:05 +0100

On 12/13/2012 02:33 AM, Monte Milanuk wrote:
> Okay... I'm pretty much out of ideas here.

> I've gone through various iterations of this, first running out of space
> because I was trying to restore directly to a temp dir inside the user's
> home directory.  Then because the temp file filled up the root
> partition.  Now I'm running the following command:
>
> machin-sin data # duplicity -vi --tempdir /srv/data/backup/tmp/
> file:///srv/data/backup/hp-pc/linux/ /srv/data/restore

There are two more things you should consider:
--archive-dir=/srv/data/backup/tmp
adding TMPDIR=/srv/data/backup/tmp in front of the command (before
Duplicity)

The former is because by default, Duplicity stores a copy of its
metadata in ~/.cache. The latter is because of a bug previously
discussed on this mailing list.

--
Kreślę się z rewerencją,
GDR!