Re: [Duplicity-talk] Problems reading/writing to Rackspace Cloud Files (

From: Lou
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] Problems reading/writing to Rackspace Cloud Files (UK) backend
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2012 10:05:02 -0800

On Thu, 18 Oct 2012 15:34:18 +1100
Miguel Jacq <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've recently (last two weeks or so) been experiencing SSL read/write
> timeout errors when using Rackspace Cloud Files (the London DC) as the
> backend, via the python-cloudfiles module [1].
>
> See pastie as an example: http://pastie.org/private/gud3nlj67ymf5d1rgkv8da
>

> This has happened previously in the past but 'resolved itself'
> (presumably Rackspace fixed the underlying issue). It's totally random
> - - sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't; no rhyme or reason.
>

> This time it has been dragging on, so I contacted Rackspace for help,
> and they've asked if I can provide 'transaction IDs' of my read/write
> attempts.
>

> I upped the verbosity in Duplicity to -v9, but I can't see any
> transaction IDs.
>
> I realise this might not be specific to Duplicity, as it'd be the API
> that would be able to display the transaction IDs - but has anyone
> experienced this issue with Duplicity of late, and perhaps knows how
> to expose this debug information - perhaps in the python-cloudfiles
> module directly?
>

> Thanks for any assistance!
>
> Mig

I also occasionally encounter this (or a similar) issue here in the US.
Last time was Oct 7, but I only backup once a week. I've never resolved
it due to the sporadic timing.

The next backup is on Sunday. I'll increase the verbosity to see if
there is anything of interest. I'm using python-cloudfiles 1.7.11 and
Duplicity 0.6.19 on a Debian Squeeze server.

Unfortunately I'm not sure how to expose these transaction IDs, but
you're not the only one experiencing this.

Lou