Re: [Duplicity-talk] duplicity 0.6.18 on FreeBSD: missing gio module

From: edgar . soldin
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] duplicity 0.6.18 on FreeBSD: missing gio module
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2012 21:56:55 +0100

On 19.03.2012 21:19, Tom Limoncelli wrote:
> Thanks for the feedback. Yes I have paramiko and pycrypto installed.
>
> After more investigation I found the problem.  It turns out to be
> unrelated to the warning about gio.  The problem is that the new
> version of Duplicity does not read host aliases in ~/.ssh/config.
> You'll see errors like:
>
> BackendException: ssh connection to gspbackupservice:22 failed: [Errno
> 8] hostname nor servname provided, or not known
>
> My backups are done to "gspbackupservice" which does not exist in DNS;
> it is purely a host set up in ~/.ssh/config that directs the backups
> to a certain machine on a certain port with a special key.
>
> The workaround is to use the actual hostname.  However, that means I
> can't control the keys and port numbers like I can with an alias.
>
> I found http://www.saltycrane.com/blog/2010/02/python-paramiko-notes/
> that shows how paramiko can be tuned to read config.
>
> Can you consider this as a feature request?

too late ;9 .. this is already done in trunk.
http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~duplicity-team/duplicity/0.6-series/revision/847

either wait for the next release
or
stick with 0.6.17 which is the last with the old ssh backend
or
apply the changes above manually to your 0.6.18
or
use 0.6.18 and define host, port and identy file via command line see
http://duplicity.nongnu.org/duplicity.1.html
--ssh-options and section URL Format