[Duplicity-talk] How does script pass gpg key to duplicity?

From: Mike Lyon
Subject: [Duplicity-talk] How does script pass gpg key to duplicity?
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2012 15:27:48 -0700

Howdy,

Running duplicity on an ubuntu box. If I run backup.sh manually, it prompts me for the gpg passphrase, I put that in and it all works all fine and dandy.

Now, when I put it into crontab (via crontab -e), it doesn't seem to work. I have specified the gpg key in the backup script via "export PASSPHRASE=<passphrase goes here>"

So two questions:

1. When I run the script manually, why does it ask me for the gpg passphrase since it's already specified in the script?
2. Is this why it's not working via cron because it's awaiting the entering of the gpg passphrase?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank You,
Mike

--