Re: [Duplicity-talk] Unable to connect using duplicity 0.6.18

From: Ano Nymous
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] Unable to connect using duplicity 0.6.18
Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2012 09:22:28 -0500

I'm using the duplicity ppa, so I think that file is already there, however I replaced it anyway.
I created an appropriate ssh_config file but I still get the same results.
Do I need to pass a special option to duplicity to use it?

On Sun, Mar 11, 2012 at 7:13 AM, <address@hidden> wrote:
On 11.03.2012 10:20, Richard wrote:
> 2012/3/10 Ano Nymous <address@hidden>:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I'm using the following versions
>>
>> [~] ssh -V
>> OpenSSH_5.8p1 Debian-7ubuntu1, OpenSSL 1.0.0e 6 Sep 2011
>> [~] duplicity -V
>> duplicity 0.6.18
>>
>> I get this error when trying to connect:
>>
>> BackendException: ssh connection to charivari:22 failed: [Errno -2] Name or
>> service not known
>>
>> I believe this is because duplicity tries to run the command with :port
>> appended and it seems like that method isn't allowed anymore perhaps.  I
>> would get the same error if I tried to connect via ssh like that too, I have
>> to use the -p option.
>>
>> This command has worked in the past however, using an older version.
>>

> Look at this thread:
> http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.sysutils.backup.duplicity.general/5357

yes.
you have two options.

try the latest changes to the ssh backend. download
http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~duplicity-team/duplicity/0.6-series/download/head:/duplicitybackendsssh-20090223222003-21nplxjzl09x2a15-94/sshbackend.py
and replace your local sshbackend.py file .

or

use 0.6.17 ... ede/duply.net