Re: [Duplicity-talk] Anyone using duplicity with box.net (webdavs)?

From: edgar . soldin
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] Anyone using duplicity with box.net (webdavs)?
Date: Wed, 29 Feb 2012 16:35:47 +0100

On 29.02.2012 15:52, Kenneth Loafman wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 29, 2012 at 8:25 AM, SanskritFritz <address@hidden
> <mailto:address@hidden>> wrote:
>
>     2012/2/29 Kenneth Loafman <address@hidden <mailto:address@hidden>>:
>     > Too bad there is not a client for Webdav like NcFTP that has gone to
> this
>     > trouble already.
>
>     Well, there are davfs [1] working and wdfs [2] not working whith
>     box.net <http://box.net>, I just tested it.
>
>     [1] http://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/davfs2
>     [2] http://noedler.de/projekte/wdfs/
>

> [1] may be the route to go.  We could use the FTP backend as a model.  I'm
> not inclined to fight issues related to non-standard implementations of the
> servers, thus NcFTP was chosen, so we'll need a volunteer to tackle this
> problem.

disagreed, these are fully fledged fuse based filesystems, which can easily be
set up today and used via file:// backend already.

the guy who found the solution for box.net claims that it chokes on
<D:allprop/> .. if that's the case we could easily set up a --webdav-options
switch that allows switching it off.
on the other hand, we currently don't need it anyway (maybe for the enhanced
upload plausability) but as far as i can see is <D:allprop/> not really
necessary as servers should at least return the list of files (urls) and more
properties at will, if no <D:allprop/> was defined.

shouldn't we try the route without <D:allprop/> first?

..ede