Re: [Duplicity-talk] tgz snapshots

From: Kenneth Loafman
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] tgz snapshots
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2012 08:28:18 -0600

On Tue, Feb 28, 2012 at 8:19 AM, SanskritFritz <address@hidden> wrote:
On Tue, Feb 28, 2012 at 1:34 PM,  <address@hidden> wrote:
> On 27.02.2012 21:00, SanskritFritz wrote:
>> On Mon, Feb 27, 2012 at 7:02 PM,  <address@hidden> wrote:
>>> i am thinking about setting up a duplicity snapshot repository building snapshot tgz distros by revision.
>>>
>>> any interest on the list for that?
>>
>> If I don't even understand what you mean, I'm probably not interested? :p
>>

> as releases are sparsely but sometimes fixes already made their way into trunk i thought offering snapshot distros of the development branch would make sense.
>
> opinions?

So you mean, no patches like this [1] would be necessary? I support
the idea. But then again, why not just release new versions more
often?

[1] http://projects.archlinux.org/svntogit/community.git/commit/?h=packages/duplicity&id=d0397e2092a730aa5fefd7b630c1beac939cc884

Yes, no patches would be necessary with the tarball releases.  We also have the daily builds at the team PPA if you're on Ubuntu.

ede, you might want to check with Mike Terry to see if you can build these along side the PPA.

I will be trying to get 0.6.18 out this week as a standard release.