Re: [Duplicity-talk] including paths on a different filesystem?

Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] including paths on a different filesystem?
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2012 00:29:38 -0500

On 2012-02-20, at 6:48 AM, address@hidden wrote:
> as a simplified approach and for testing try to define only an exclude
> globbing list like this
>
> - /mnt/somevol/somedir/Logs
> - /mnt/somevol/somedir/temp
> + /mnt/somevol/somedir
> - **

The trick ended up being the space between the + or - and the pathname. Without
the space it is unhappy, with the space things work beautifully.

> be aware that duplicity uses the first match read from the top. this is why
> Logs/temp exclusion must be defined in front of the somedir inclusion, else
> they would be included as the somedir definition would match first.

Yes, that was a brainfart on my part. Thank you for correcting me. :-)

> does that help?.. ede/duply.net

It certainly did help. I can now exclude paths correctly. There must be a space
between the - or + and the path.

-A.