[Duplicity-talk] Issues with incremental backups

From: hanj
Subject: [Duplicity-talk] Issues with incremental backups
Date: Sat, 4 Feb 2012 20:37:01 -0700

Hello All

I just pushed a 80GB full backup to Rackspace Cloud Files. After it
completed (a long long time), I re-ran duplicity to do incremental of
the files that changed during the full backup. I noticed it wanted to
push many files that weren't touched (approximately 5 GBs worth). I
thought that was odd, so today (Sat) after I new no files would have
been touched since the last incremental, I re-ran it again, sure
enough... more files are wanting to get pushed up. These files are
different, etc.

Not sure if there is something goofy going on.

Currently, this is the command I'm issuing. Again, there is a full
backup on Cloud Files, and it is reporting incremental when I issue
this command:

duplicity --exclude-other-filesystems --verbosity 8
--asynchronous-upload --tempdir /tmp --num-retries 30 /home
cf+http://${CLOUD_CONTAINER}

I'm running duplicity-0.6.16

I'm hoping we can get this figured out, since these backups are taking
WAY too long and this won't be an option to be pushing 5GBs every day.

Thanks!
hanji