Re: [Duplicity-talk] Bugtracker on launchpad

From: Bruce Pieterse
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] Bugtracker on launchpad
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2012 20:05:50 +0200

On Mon 30 Jan 2012 17:33:39 SAST, Kenneth Loafman wrote:
Yes, I am behind on getting things done, the bug tracker is the most obvious. I could use some help on triage and classification, although I do reserve the right to withlist any request that does not fit into normal backup parameters.

Right now, stability and robustness are the most important things needed, followed by a rough roadmap of needed improvements.

Some of the bugs have been around so long that I think they have been fixed and overlooked. More testing is needed.

...Ken

    <mailto:address@hidden>:
    >> the backlog simply shows that duplicity lacks developers, that's a
    >> fact and won't change just because the bugs are not tagged as new
    >> anymore.
    > It's not the status of a bug that matters. As I see it,
    developers could focus on the important stuff more easily if the
    simpler bugs were correctly triaged and classified. That way,
    developers wouldn't need to do this task and could, well, develop.

    unfortunately the status quo is, nobody is really doing either ;(

    >> triaging would make sense if you'd also intend to fix some or at
    >> least try to reproduce them, do you?
    > Unfortunately, I don't have the skills to fix bugs in duplicity
    and neither do I have a machine to test with in order to reproduce
    them...

    are you using duplicity? if so, you have a machine on which you
    can. if not. set up a virtual machine (e.g.  with virtualbox or
    virtualpc) with linux.

    >> let's wait what ken has to say.
    > I wouldn't mind if you (as the group of developers) say that I
    can't be of much help :-)
    > I just wanted to let you know that there's someone who could do
    some of the simpler tasks for you...

    try to familiarize yourself with duplicity, python. don't be
    afraid, hacking python is no brain surgery. answer questions (on
    launchpad, mailing list) in case you know the answer. can it get
    simpler? ;)

    regards ede/duply.net <http://duply.net>