[Duplicity-talk] --rsync-options accepted values

From: Raphaël
Subject: [Duplicity-talk] --rsync-options accepted values
Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2011 14:04:06 +0100

Hi,

reading the man page, I saw the following:
--rsync-options:
        Allows you to pass options to the rsync backend.

That's very interesting as there is something I want duplicity to do for
a long time: handling per-directory file filters, the way rsync does (-F)
So, I tried and gave duplicity a --rsync-options="-F" but it does not
appear to work. I then tried -i to see how verbose it would become, but
still nothing.

So my question is: which rsync options are valid --rsync-options values
? (or more precisely in which rsync context are the specified options useful)

Using an rsync.net account, I tried both ssh/sftp, but of course the
rsync backend itself, in the later case I can see the following output:
> Reading results: rsync -e 'ssh -oBatchMode=yes' -F <id>@rsync:homeconf/
but that's not really where the -F is useful :)

I noticed that with -v9, the output "Comparing () and () ..." seems to
imply that the "rsync backend" is not used for the directory comparison
step. But why `rsync' itself couldn't be used to fetch the file listing
used for comparison ? with the --dry-run option rsync -avin dir/ / would
be excellent at managing file (inc|exc)lusions isn't ? or am I naive ?

thanks

PS: my first email was not received, it seems that email from
unsubscribed people are not received by the list even if there are no
mailman notice about this (misconfiguration ?)

Raph