Re: [Duplicity-talk] --archive-dir is growing in size, how can I reduce

From: Alex Cartwright
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] --archive-dir is growing in size, how can I reduce it?
Date: Fri, 9 Dec 2011 18:43:27 +0000

I think the idea of having to use a new location to resolve this is
opening up quite a big flaw in how Duplicity works. Surely the
majority of this metadata can be stored at the backup location. I
can't really use a new location because I have scripts to restore from
these backups, having multiple would be a nightmare to work out
actually where my backups are.

My current AS3 bucket is ~50GB in size, I do an incremental backup
nightly and a full backup after 1 month. Backups are removed once they
are older than 6 months. The /root/.cache/duplicity dir is 1.5GB in
size.

Thanks!