Re: [Duplicity-talk] Anyone using duplicity with box.net (webdavs)?

From: edgar . soldin
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] Anyone using duplicity with box.net (webdavs)?
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2011 19:14:57 +0200

On 31.08.2011 19:01, Brian Wilson wrote:
> I'm trying to use duplicity with box.net (which has a WebDavS interface) but
> not having much luck.   Backups seem to run fine, but I'm unable to verify or
> do any restores.  I found similar mention of this in the issue list for
> duplicati (http://code.google.com/p/duplicati/issues/detail?id=217) and that
> it may be due to non-standard compliant WebDav server on box.net.

there was another case in july reporting this. seems to be their webdav
implementation, they officially do not support it
http://support.box.net/app/answers/detail/a_id/85/%7E/does-box-support-webdav-or-ftp-connections%3F

> Since I'd like to make use of my 50GB free space, it would be great if this
> would work.  I've even tried disabling encryption to test but verify and
> restore still fail: Here's what I'm seeing:

the encryption has no influence on this

> Any suggestions on working around the box.net WebDav issues in order to get
> proper file listings so duplicity knows that I have backups and thus allow me
> to do restores?  5GB accounts are free if anyone would be willing to help me
> figure this out.

nobody is tackling this as far as i know. so you might want to get familiar
with webdav and it's duplicity backend and work out a fix?