Re: [Duplicity-talk] sshbackend tops working (?) after update from 0.6.1

From: Kenneth Loafman
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] sshbackend tops working (?) after update from 0.6.13 to 0.6.14
Date: Fri, 1 Jul 2011 08:04:26 -0500

2011/7/1 Chris Poole <address@hidden>
On Thu, Jun 30, 2011 at 6:30 PM,  <address@hidden> wrote:
> chris are you sure the ssh-agent is running and the env vars are set, you remember those
>
> SSH_AUTH_SOCK=/tmp/ssh-iZwxCK338/agent.338; export SSH_AUTH_SOCK;
> SSH_AGENT_PID=339; export SSH_AGENT_PID;
> echo Agent pid 339;
>
> did you add your key with ssh-add?

Yes. So, here's what I've done. I also backup to another server, where I have an
issue with the scp backend too.

I ran eval $(ssh-agent -s) to start the agent, then ssh-add my-key.

The key appears if I do ssh-add -l. I can also ssh into the server, no
issue. (This server allows ssh, scp, sftp.)

I then installed both duplicity 0.6.13 and 0.6.14. Homebrew lets you keep
multiple versions of a program installed, and then just symlinks the binaries to
/usr/local/bin. You can of course directly run the particular version you want.

So, I did the above ssh operations in the same shell window. I then ran
collection-status with 0.6.13, which worked as expected. I then ran exactly the
same commmand, but with 0.6.14, which brings an error.

Attached is the -v9 output of the two commands, together with the environment
variables.

***

I also noticed that sshbackend.py has changed between .13 and .14, so I replaced
the version found in .14 with the one from .13.

This time, running duplicity 0.6.14, everything works perfectly, as it does with
.13. I've attached the logfile for this, too.

I looked at the changes made in sshbackend.py between .13 and .14.  Nothing there that would cause a password issue.  Did you change any other file?

Also, could you verify that you are indeed using the correct key id when running the two versions?