Re: [Duplicity-talk] OSError: [Errno 35] Resource temporarily unavailabl

From: Kenneth Loafman
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] OSError: [Errno 35] Resource temporarily unavailable
Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2011 11:38:23 -0500

On Fri, Jun 24, 2011 at 11:09 AM, Chris Poole <address@hidden> wrote:
On Fri, Jun 24, 2011 at 4:10 PM,  <address@hidden> wrote:
> btw. your backup chain is really really really long. you should consider doing fulls from time to time, which circumvents the error above and has teh advantage that not every chain gets corrupted becuase one volume might be.

Yes I had planned to do this, but my remote host only has enough room
for one full backup set plus some incrementals, so I'd have to remove
the old set and start again. I will do it, it's just a little
unnerving.

> could you try restoring on a machine with more ram OR raise the setting for open file descriptors on osx (ulimit n reports 256 on an osx here).

This machine has 2GB, and I don't have one with larger memory. (Not
one that I trust, anyway.)

I run ulimit -n 1024 in my script before calling duplicity; would
raising this number help?

You need 4 file descriptors for each incremental, plus whatever your system needs.