Re: [Duplicity-talk] Unable to restore a recent version

From: Kenneth Loafman
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] Unable to restore a recent version
Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2011 06:26:16 -0500

I've been following the discussion.  Yes, it could do that, but it would be a much slower process.

...Ken

On Thu, Jun 2, 2011 at 2:09 AM, <address@hidden> wrote:
On 02.06.2011 00:18, Jarno Rantanen wrote:
> I don't suppose there's any magic switch that would make Duplicity check the
> (hash of the) actual contents of each file instead of its timestamps..? :)
> If not, $ touch *.JPG to the rescue.

not that i know of. All I know it saves the modtime and checks it on the next run and then uses rsync lib to detect which parts of the file have changed.

@Ken: can duplicity compare current filehash with backed one on backup?