[Duplicity-talk] signatures, and dvds

From: Lluís Batlle i Rossell
Subject: [Duplicity-talk] signatures, and dvds
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2011 23:18:14 +0100

Hello,

the man page says that the 'signature files' are only needed to make incremental
copies, but I've found that trying to restore a copy requires them too.

Simply I saved the tars and the manifest into a dvd, and then I tried to restore
from there. Until I added the signatures, duplicity did not go on (0.6.12). So,
can you confirm the man page is wrong and they are needed always for restoring?

Another question... how should I save all the volumes+manifest+signatures into
multiple DVDs? I've found that duplicity does not ask for any dvd change or so,
it simply throws an exception when it lacks some tar.

Thank you,
Lluís.