[Duplicity-talk] What happens if the files got hacked?

From: Diego
Subject: [Duplicity-talk] What happens if the files got hacked?
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2011 19:30:42 -0300

[I didn't started using duplicity yet - just testing]

Suppose the following scenario:
- I have been using duplicity to create daily backups of "/home/user/www"
- On that www I have:
/home/user/www/myblog
/home/user/www/mygallery
/home/user/www/mydownloads

- but, I have discovered today that the dir:
/home/user/www/mydownloads

was hacked like 1 week ago and several files got infected or deleted.

So here is my question:
- It's possible to restore a file 2 weeks old since that files of 1 week old were infected or deleted?

Thank you