Re: [Duplicity-talk] rsysync nc backend

From: Olivier Berger
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] rsysync nc backend
Date: Wed, 12 May 2010 11:37:25 +0200

Hi.

Le mardi 11 mai 2010 à 20:09 +0200, address@hidden a écrit :
> the rework is done so far.
>
> but I am thinking. As password/keyboard interactive auth for ssh/rsync
> is not supported (you would have to input it for every rsync run now) if
> it would make sense to disable it altogether.
>
> On the other hand in the current state users would have now the chance
> by entering it every time needed (ssh actually runs a prompt for it) to
> for example restore from a machine without having to setup key auth.
>
> i tend to disabling, what do you guys think?

Uh... I fear the question wasn't clear (and the subject weird ;).

Could you elaborate a bit more : disabling what/when ?

AFAICT, the current way I'm using duplicity over ssh/scp is fine WRT
passwords... dunno for rsync... is it using "rsync -e ssh" ?

Maybe I missed previous discussion and that's why I'm confused :-/

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,
--
Olivier BERGER <address@hidden>