Re: [Duplicity-talk] AssertionError: time not moving forward at appropri

From: Olivier Berger
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] AssertionError: time not moving forward at appropriate pace - system clock issues?
Date: Wed, 12 May 2010 08:12:29 +0200

Hi.

Le jeudi 06 mai 2010 à 08:15 -0700, Joel Carter a écrit :
> Hello all.
>
> Any tips on diagnosing what I have going on here?

SNIP

> AssertionError: time not moving forward at appropriate pace - system
> clock issues?

For the records, there's also a similar report here :
https://bugs.launchpad.net/duplicity/+bug/502609/comments/13 and
http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=581260 (I've been
myself hit by that same bug).

It seems to me the common element is that message:
 Info: Last inc backup left a partial set, restarting.

I worked around it by issueing a cleanup command,

Dunno what's wrong with the partial set recovery attempt, but the bug
seems confirmed.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,
--