Re: [Duplicity-talk] Request for code review : New proposed feature remo

From: Kenneth Loafman
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] Request for code review : New proposed feature removing incrementals of old full backups
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2010 12:33:29 -0500

Olivier,

I've looked at it and I'm thinking we should go back to the old way of
doing clean, i.e. delete all but the last (active) set of incrementals.
 We're saving the incrementals so the 3rd-party wrappers can display a
list of the contents of previous backups, but that's confusing and a
complete waste of space.

I'm thinking that each manifest should have a list of the current
contents in JSON format so that listing old backups just means
downloading their manifests.  Thoughts?  Everyone.

Back to your original question: the code looks good and if we decide to
go this route, I'll test it and get it into the base.

...Ken