Re: [Duplicity-talk] Is this normal behavior?

From: AJ Weber
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] Is this normal behavior?
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 2010 13:39:21 -0500

In case you don't get a quick answer, I'm pretty sure the answer is: Yes, this is normal.

Personally, I don't "like it", because that is a lot of overhead, depending upon the directory/backup sizes and the latency/bandwidth from the client to the backup server (target), but I have never dived into the source to see where they may have reduced it substantially and what the trade-offs are to do it.  So I "grin and bear it".

I like duplicity a lot.  I consider this just a small price to pay for the other great work.

-AJ