[Duplicity-talk] (no subject)

From: Aaron Ferguson
Subject: [Duplicity-talk] (no subject)
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2009 17:24:27 -0800

I have run a full backup without errors and when trying to run an incremental backup I receive the following error. A verify produces a similar error.

I am probably missing something simple, any help would be appreciated.

 address@hidden duplicity]# duplicity inc -v9 --encrypt-key="abc123" /home/my/files/ scp://remoteserver/remote/files
 Main action: inc
 Running 'sftp  remoteserver.rsync.net' (attempt #1)
 State = sftp, Before = 'Connecting to remoteserver.rsync.net...'
 sftp command: 'mkdir remote/files'
 State = sftp, Before = 'mkdir remote/files
 Couldn't create directory: Failure'
 sftp command: 'cd remote/files'
 State = sftp, Before = 'cd remote/files'
 sftp command: 'ls -1'
 State = sftp, Before = 'ls -1
 Invalid flag -1'
 State = sftp, Before = 'quit'
 1 files exist on backend
 Extracting backup chains from list of files: ['Invalid flag -1']
 File Invalid flag -1 is not part of a known set; creating new set
 Ignoring file (rejected by backup set) 'Invalid flag -1'
 Collection Status
 -----------------
 Connecting with backend: SSHBackend
 Archive dir: None

 Found 0 backup chains without signatures.
 No backup chains with active signatures found
 No orphaned or incomplete backup sets found.
 Last full backup date: none
 PASSPHRASE variable not set, asking user.
 GnuPG passphrase:
 Fatal Error: Unable to start incremental backup.  Old signatures not
 found and incremental specified
 Using temporary directory /root/tmp/duplicity-q-Uw1O-tempdir

           Aaron Ferguson
           IT Manager
           (650) 421-4210 Direct
           (562) 544-9117 Mobile
           (650) 421-4201 Fax

           Online Marketing Solutions for Email and Social Media
               www.strongmail.com

               Follow StrongMail on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn

This email or an attachment to it may contain confidential and/or privileged information that is the property of StrongMail Systems, Inc. or one of its affiliated companies or suppliers. All information in this email or any attachments intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to which this email is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, you are advised that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of this email or any attachment is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender by telephone or return email and delete the email and all attachments from your computer.