[Duplicity-talk] Difference between s3 and s3+http URL schemes

From: Jesper Särnesjö
Subject: [Duplicity-talk] Difference between s3 and s3+http URL schemes
Date: Thu, 5 Nov 2009 00:32:32 +0100

Hi!

What is the difference (if any) between the s3 and s3+http URL
schemes? The duplicity man page gives s3://host/bucket_name[/prefix]
and s3+http://bucket_name[/prefix] as examples.

In addition to the man page, I have read Amazon's Getting Started
Guide for S3, and various blog posts I found via Google, but I'm none
the wiser. ;)

In case it's relevant, I am following this guide [1], and I live in
Europe, so I'm using --s3-use-new-style and --s3-european-buckets.

--
Jesper Särnesjö
http://jesper.sarnesjo.org/

[1]