Re: [Duplicity-talk] Duplicity ready for 'production' use?

From: Chris Poole
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] Duplicity ready for 'production' use?
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2009 19:14:21 +0100

Thanks.

That's all I needed to hear really.

On 14 Oct 2009, at 16:50, "rsync.net" <address@hidden> wrote:

Hello Chris,

On Wed, 14 Oct 2009, Chris Poole wrote:

On the main web page it's said that it's being used, but in beta.

I want to use it for personal backups of my laptop; am I likely to encounter integrity issues or data corruption, or is it more of a "gmail beta" badge?

I mean, how tried and tested is it? I'm currently just using rsync, because
I know I can rely on it. Encryption and incremental backup is a huge
attraction.

Hundreds of rsync.net customers all over the world are using duplicity to transfer their backups (over sftp) to our servers.

We've supported it for several years now and have not heard of a single "issue".