Re: [Duplicity-talk] Continuation of backup fails if last file does not

From: Michael Terry
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] Continuation of backup fails if last file does not exist anymore
Date: Sun, 14 Jun 2009 10:54:10 -0400

2009/6/14 Gabriel Ambuehl <address@hidden>:
> I would suggest that in such a case, duplicity should
> ask the user if the file should be marked as deleted and then continue backing
> up whatever file comes next?

<deja-dup-hat>Except don't ask the user!  :)  Or offer a wrapping
program a way to skip such questions.</deja-dup-hat>

But really, the obvious thing seems to be to mark it deleted.  If it
had been the *next* file to be checked, we wouldn't ask the user about
it, we would just mark it deleted.  Doesn't seem any different just
because we had been working on it.

-mt