Re: [Duplicity-talk] Version 0.6.0 Released - Checkpoint/Restart

From: Cristian KLEIN
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] Version 0.6.0 Released - Checkpoint/Restart
Date: Mon, 08 Jun 2009 17:21:04 +0200

Kenneth Loafman a écrit :
> The long delayed and much awaited Checkpoint/Restart capability has been
> added to duplicity and its ready now.  Please read the notes below, try
> it out, and let me know what you think.

This is really great news!

> From now on, the --archive-dir option can be used to
> change the location of the archive dir, but you are
> responsible for moving the files if you change it.

I have a few initial comments:

1) I saw that duplicity creates ~/.duplicity. Would it be possible
instead to obey the XDG standard and create something like
$XDG_CACHE_HOME/duplicity?

2) Having only one global archive does not behave well in case somebody
uses duplicity with multiple destinations. I get the error:

"""
Fatal Error: Manifest has 1 volumes, remote has 0 volumes
"""

In my shell scripts, I transform the destination URL into a legal folder
name (by replacing ":" and "/" with underscore) and use that as an
archive-dir. Could this be made default with duplicity?

Anyway, great news and keep up the good work!