[Duplicity-talk] Migrating from no archive dir to one

From: Michael Terry
Subject: [Duplicity-talk] Migrating from no archive dir to one
Date: Thu, 28 May 2009 17:37:06 +0200

When I have an existing backup created without --archive-dir, and on
my next incremental backup, I all of a sudden use an --archive-dir,
the archive dir doesn't end up with all the files I'd expect.

It only has the incremental signatures, not the 'full' signature.  And
doing a subsequent cleanup (with --archive-dir) gives an error because
it tries to cleanup the orphaned signature, but can't find it in the
backup directory.

I'd expect that it would synchronize the remote and local signatures
and make a local copy.  Am I doing something wrong, is this a bug, or
just a known not-supported use case?

-mt