Re: [Duplicity-talk] connect failed: Invalid argument.

From: Kenneth Loafman
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] connect failed: Invalid argument.
Date: Tue, 19 May 2009 11:58:40 -0500

address@hidden wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am getting the following error:
>
> address@hidden duplicity-0.5.17]$ FTP_PASSWORD=xxxxxx
> /usr/bin/duplicity /usr/local/  ftp://address@hidden:2121/backup/
> NcFTP version is 3.2.2 connect failed: Invalid argument. connect
> failed: Invalid argument. connect failed: Invalid argument. Running
> 'ncftpls -f /tmp/duplicity-QkE_hG-tempdir/mkstemp-dbsEHg-1 -F -t 30
> -o useCLNT=0,useHELP_SITE=0  -P '2121' -l
> 'ftp://localhost:2121/backup/'' failed (attempt #1)
>
> It would be great if someone could shine some light on the "Invalid
> argument" error.
>
> A little more about my setup. I am using a ssh tunnel to get to the
> main host of my webserver and from there I go to the ftp server.
> Manually everything works, i.e. I can login to the server via the
> tunnel. Also, if I supply the wrong password to dulicity I get a
> wrong password error - so the connection is working.

You'll need to run this with a -v9 for us to find out what's going on.
The "connect failed: Invalid argument" message is coming from FTP, so we
need to see exactly what the command is and what's going on at the time.

Have you succeeded in running duplicity this way before, or is this a
new attempt on this service?

...Thanks,