Re: [Duplicity-talk] OSError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory (0.5.1

From: Kenneth Loafman
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] OSError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory (0.5.16)
Date: Sun, 03 May 2009 19:19:29 -0500

Pascal Schaedeli wrote:
> I have upgraded from an older (0.4.x) version of duplicity that I had
> installed using macports to 0.5.16 which I manually installed on os x
> (10.5.6) (the objective was to not rely on macports). I successfully
> performed a full backup (to an offsite owned server using ssh). However,
> I an not able to successfully run the incremental (running from launchd
> -mac's cron- as root).

Like any cron, the environment is severely restricted to avoid using any
but core utilities.  I suspect this is the problem.  From the traceback,
duplicity was unable to execute gpg.  You probably need to add that path
to the launchd path.  I'm not sure how to do that on a Mac, but it may
be as simple as adding "export PATH=$PATH:/path/to/dir/with/gpg" to the
script you run.

The fact that it runs correctly outside the launchd environment (from
your next message) tells me that's probably the correct answer.

> The first error was:
> Max open files of 256 is too low, should be >= 1024.
> Use 'ulimit -n 1024' or higher to correct.
>
> Weird, that's the first time I get this. Worked around by adding ulimit
> -n 1024 to the shell script.

This is a new feature that checks for proper resources before starting.
 The two I check are Max Open Files and temp space.  Yours was the right
solution to the problem.

...Thanks,