Loglevels and Output ... WAS: Re: [Duplicity-talk] erroneous incremental

From: Edgar Soldin
Subject: Loglevels and Output ... WAS: Re: [Duplicity-talk] erroneous incrementals?
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2009 13:39:09 +0100

> The default is set to NOTICE, but only level 3-->0 are output which
> shows that we probably need to adjust logging to get 4 to show also.
>
> ...Ken

make sense ... btw. 4 is the default loglevel in ftplicity ever since ..
somebody must have read the code :)

for the manpage I suggest the following:

-v[0-9], --verbosity [0-9]
     Specify output verbosity level (log level). Use one of the following
numeric values representing a specific log level.
     0 Error (default), 2 Warning, 4 Notice, 8 Info, 9 Debug

the log level hint might help people familiar with and searching for
this term. Of course this makes only sense if the --log-* commands
interpret it. Else we should think to differentiate the terms for both
outputs (output verbosity vs. log level). Let's see what Michael has to say.

regards ede